Before you next seek client satisfaction feedback at your agency or private practice, take a look at these eight reasons to consider using mobile phone surveys.
1. Wide Availability – With an estimated 6.8 billion mobile subscriptions at the end of 2012 at an equivalent to 96% of the world population, there is no denying that conducting research with mobile phone surveys would be accessible to most clients.
2. Cost Effective – Each IM, SMS, and other web-based interaction costs 1/10th that of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and 1/100th that of a live agent transaction.
3. Keep Confidentiality – Given their personal and mobile nature, the average mobile phone rarely leaves the sight of the owner. It has been reported that over 99% of all text messages are read by the recipient themselves. More expensive smartphones are even more likely to be guarded and come with security measures to lock the device or increase the chance of recovery should it be lost or stolen.
4. Ubiquitous – Over 560 billion text messages are sent every month, worldwide.
5. Great Response Rate – SMS Surveys in particular have boasted an average response rate of 25% to 45%.
6. Prompt Responses – About 90% of all text messages are read within 3 minutes of their delivery, increasing the chances that users will respond to your survey. In fact, 98% of completed SMS surveys are collected within 24 hours.
7. Organized Data – In addition to a good response rate, collecting survey answers via mobile phone provides an immediate entry of data into a centralized database for analysis and fewer errors in data entry. This is an improvement over the interpretation of barely legible handwritten responses and far less time-consuming.
8. Proven Success – In the business sector, many businesses have turned to utilizing mobile devices more readily in the interest of competitive advantage. SMS surveys have been used to research customer satisfaction with good results. For instance, 90-94% of customers who answer the first question answer all questions asked and 60-70% of customers provide comments.
Gather data, feedback, and insights with SMS surveys.
Mosio’s SMS surveys software.