IDC and Facebook’s New Research Report “Always Connected: How Smartphones and Social Keep Us Engaged” is filled with good info-nuggets. We encourage you to read the 25 page report, but for those on the move, we’ve boiled it down for you. No pretty pictures or graphics below, but there are definitely some on the report, so check it out!
- 25% of people surveyed cannot recall the last time their phone was not close them.
- Today, half of the total US population uses smartphones.
- In 2013, U.S. Smartphone Users is projected to be 181.4 Million which is 57.3% of the population.
- Within the first 15 minutes of waking up, 4 out of 5 smartphone owners are checking their phones.
- 79% of respondents have their phone on or near them for all but up to 2 hours of their waking day.
- 49% of respondents feel connected when using text/message application on their Smartphones.
- From Monday to Sunday, 84% of respondent’s time is spent on phone communicating via text, email, social vs. only 16% on phone calls.
- Men are 75% more likely than women to seek out application on Facebook using their Smartphones.
We took a vote over here and it was closer 75% of us that could not recall the last time our phone was close by. I suppose we have “I need it for work” as an excuse, but still. 🙂