Those suffering from anxiety, including anxiety attacks, panic disorder, social anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, or even just an especially stressful period, could often use help in managing the anxiety more promptly. Here are 5 reasons that being able to text counselors could be an answer to improving the anxiety.
1. Immediate Help – Texting could be an effective means of short-term, immediate help for people suffering an anxiety attack, be it in the moment or just after. This would enable the client to receive the help they needed when they needed it.
2. A Little Extra Help – There are hundreds of self-help anxiety apps already available, such as SAM, which help users to manage their own anxiety. When a client needs a a little more guidance than what their trusty self-help app offers, however, being able to simply close the app and text a counselor would be tremendously helpful and increase the chances that they client is addressing their anxiety.
3. Easy Access to Help – Even without a smartphone or special app, 91% of adults in the U.S. have a cell phone. For many people, that cell phone rarely leaves their sight and goes with them everywhere. Being able to seek help anywhere at a moment’s notice – literally at your fingertips – is invaluable.
4. Improved Anxiety Monitoring – The flexible, fast, and easy use of texting would allow a client to notify their counselor of an anxiety attack. From there, they could move up their appointment if they need urgent counseling, make a new appointment, or simply make a note of needing to address the anxiety attack in the next appointment.
5. Texting is CBT-Friendly – Internet-based Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy has proven effective for treating social anxiety disorder, treating panic disorder, reducing the number of doctor visits required, and generally improving physical health. It is not a far cry to think that texting, with its ease of use and accessibility, could be effective as a supplemental means to treat anxiety.
This article is provided by Mosio Mobile Messaging Software.